Thursday, August 7, 2008

Man attacked by his own dog shares story

NORTH CAROLINA -- The victim's father says his son's injuries are so bad it looks like a shark bit him.

A local man is viciously attacked in his own home by his dog. It happened on East Lake Street. The victim's father says his son's injuries are so bad it looks like a shark bit him. He says the dog bit his son last week, and that his son was going to have the dog put down.



The dog attacked Jason Lindsay after he got out of the shower. "All I had on was a pair of underwear and like I said I went the other way where he was. I came out and when he barked I said Bruttus. He turned around like that and just about that loud too and he just rah, rah," says Jason.


The dog lunged at him and locked his jaws onto his hand. Jason says he knew he was in for the fight of his life. He suffered multiple deep bite wounds to his back, legs, and arms. "He completely tore the artery in half in this arm, luckily the next bite he pierced it enough to where it closed it and I didn't bleed to death right there," explains Jason.
"Once he stopped biting him for a second, he went right back to ripping... trying to rip his arm off." - neighbor

Jason's girlfriend called 911. With the dog still devouring Jason's arm, he told police to shoot it.



"I don't care about the dog, believe that. That dog tried to take my life. I still can't believe he did it. I actually had a mouth full of hair from where I was biting his face. I had to try and fight back."

The owner says the dog bit him last week, he was going to have it put down, but then this happened.

He doesn't know what made the family pet -- a pet he says was like a son -- attack. "I've always liked them but this is one of them ones that they talk about that snapped, and he snapped."

Jason says he's heard all of the stories about pit bulls, but he never thought his American bull dog, which is considered a pit, would harm a fly.


Tonight he has a strong message for people who own one of these dogs, "If you're going to have a dog like this you might want to keep a firearm because that was the only thing that got this dog off of me."

(WTVG - August 6, 2008)