Sunday, September 29, 2013

Calamvale man charged over dog attack which killed a Pomeranian

AUSTRALIA -- A YOUNG Brisbane woman has described how her puppy died in her arms despite resuscitation attempts after being attacked by a bull mastiff this week.

Nineteen-year-old Tauri Chris said she was traumatised after her dog was killed by a bull mastiff on Wednesday only metres from her Calamvale home.

RIP poor Bella

 
Ms Chris was walking her Pomeranian, Bella, at Orania Cresent about 5pm on Wednesday when she was approached by a man and his bull mastiff.

She said she called for the man not to come any closer but the dog attacked.

“My puppy died in my arms,” she said.

“I’ve never been more traumatised and messed up by anything in my life.

“My mum came up and gave Bella CPR and she came back to life but then she died a couple of seconds later.”

Ms Chris said she felt like she had lost a member of her family.

“My life was dedicated to that puppy,” she said. “It feels like my child has died.

“She was the most funny, loving dog. She was my best friend.”

A 55-year-old man from Calamvale has been charged with wilfully killing an animal. He is due in the Richlands Magistrates Court on October 28.

Police and council officers are still looking for the dog, described as a grey and white bull mastiff.


Calamvale Police Senior Sergeant Lance Bowman said earlier: “She tried to get in and break the dogs apart, but being that it was a big dog the little Pomeranian didn’t have a chance.

“The owner ... was very distraught. It would have been horrendous to see that.”

(News Limited  - Sept 27, 2013)

1 comment:

  1. a grey and white bull mastiff? i have my doubts. it sounds like a pit bull or neo mastiff.

    ReplyDelete